Xbox one green screen of death is not a common issue. When you search for it on web, you will find that many users have gone through a variety of similar problems
Reasons that causes Xbox One Green screen of death
1. System update failure
If the device finds that there is an update, then it will start downloading and install the update when the system boots up. However if the process of update fails, then you may get Xbox one stuck on green screen error.
2. System update interruption
When you start the Instant On option, the console of the device will have the permission to perform a system update when it is in the standby mode. When the power of the device is suddenly cut, Xbox one will stuck on green screen and the issue will occur easily.
3. Hard disk corruption
When the hard disk you are using on Xbox one is corrupted, then there can be a read and write error. This condition can easily cause Xbox One green screen of death when playing games or updating system.
4. Communication error
The communication problem between windows servers and Xbox one can lead to software corruption which may cause Xbox One green screen of death issue.
Reading all these, you know that both hardware and software problems can cause Xbox one green screen of death. In this article you will learn some solutions to fix this problem.
Hardware Issue – Fix the corrupted Hard disk
The hard disk gets corrupted because of the damaged file system. To correct this error, you will require formatting the disk to its normal state. But if you still want to use the file on the drive, it is recommended to recover the data before formatting it. To recover it you can try data recovery software.
Step 1: scan the hard disk
- Remove the disk from Xbox one and connect it to your device.
- Open the software and then enter This PC module directly.
- Select the target drive and click on the scan to start the scanning process.
Step 2: enter scan result
- When the scanning process is done, then you need to enter the scan results.
- Unfold each path from the left list to find the target files.
- If you want to search files by type, you can use the type feature to do the job.
- You will still remember the name of the file which you want to recover, you can use the find feature to search it directly.
Step 3: Save the needed files
- Trial edition won’t allow you to save files. But you can also update it to a full edition. If you are a personal user, the personal deluxe edition is powerful.
- Click on the register button to update it to an advance edition.
- Select the files which you want to recover and click save to keep them to your specified path.
Step 4: Format the hard disk to normal state
- Open file explorer
- then right-click on the target hard drive and select format from the popup menu.
- Define the parameters of the drive and select the format option.
- Click start to execute the format process.
Hardware Issue – Replace the corrupted hard disk
If the Xbox one hard disk is damaged, then you will see that it is impossible to format it to the normal state. In this condition you need to replace the corrupted disk by a new one.
Software Issue – Hard Restart Xbox one
This is the easy way to solve your problem
- Click on the power button continuously on the console for about 10 seconds.
- The system will then reboot. And if there is no other serious issue, Xbox One green loading screen issue should be solved.
Software Issue – Offline Update Xbox One
You have seen that system update failure is the most common reason for Xbox One green screen of death issue. To fix this you can try offline update Xbox one.
To do this work, you have to know such process: Xbox one offline system update process. You have to download a USB flash drive and then use it to offline update Xbox One via Xbox one troubleshooter
Firstly you need make these things ready
- A windows – based computer with an Internet connection and a USB port.
- A USB flash drive with a minimum 4 GB of space formatted as NTFS.
Now you will learn the steps to perform an offline system update on Xbox one.
Step 1: download the offline system update file (OSU1) to the USB Flash drive
- Connect the USB flash drive to your computer.
- Download the offline system update file OSU1 which is a zip file to your device.
- Unzip it and copy the Systemupdate file from the .zip file to the USB flash device.
Step 2: Update Xbox one console
When the offline system update file is saved to your USB flash drive, you can install the file to your Xbox one console with the offline system update option on Xbox startup troubleshooter.
- Turn off the Xbox one console and unplug the power cord to make sure that the device is powered off completely. After 30 seconds plug the power cord back in the device.
- Hold the blind button continuously and eject button. Then press the Xbox next, hold the BLIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
- Then you will see two “power-up” tones. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
- The Xbox one console will then turn on and enter the Xbox startup troubleshooter directly. After that, you can connect the flash drive to your Xbox one console. Then, the offline system update option on the Xbox startup troubleshooter will be available.
- You need to use the d- pad button and A button on the Xbox one controller to choose the offline system update option to begin the update process with the file you have saved on the USB flash drive.
- When the update process is completed, the Xbox one will then reboot. Then, you can check whether Xbox one green screen of death issue disappears.
After reading this article, you may now know how to handle Xbox one green screen of death issue. if you face some problems when coding with Xbox one stuck on green screen then you can read this article to solve your issue. hope this article is helpful for you and solves all your problem.