PS4 is a device that is used to play games. But sometimes, it happens that it is not recognised and thus becomes very annoying. So, users often head back to find the steps to overcome the issue behind it. Now, we have listed down a few of the ways by which you can easily get rid of the issue.
Clean the Disc
Sometimes, the disc is dirty that’s why it is not able to read the disc issues if any. So, you should take a clean cotton cloth, and clean the surface of the disc to get rid of the issue.
Try another Disc
Next, you need to change the disc so that you do not have to face the problem in future. So, find a new disc and replace it with a new one to get rid of the issue.
Restart your PC4
You have to restart your ps4 to get rid of this problem. Firstly, shut down your system, take off all the plugs from the ps4 console and wait for some time. Then, after waiting for some time, you need to plug in again into the system and then restart the device. See if the issue is solved or not, if not, try the next method.
Note the error code
Once, you see the error in front of you, the next thing that you need to do is to jot down the error code and then goggle it to find the reason behind it. Once you find the reason behind it, follow the steps given therein to get rid of the issue.
Use Safe Mode
- Press the Powerbutton to turn off your PS4. The indicator of the device will blink for a moment. When the indicator is off, the device is turned off successfully.
- Press the Powerbutton and you can hear one beep. Don’t release the button. Just hold it for about 7 seconds and you can hear the other beep. Then, you can release the button.
- Connect the DualShock4 controller with the USB cable and press the PSbutton on the controller.
- Select option 5: Rebuild Database. Then, you can scan the disc ad create a new database for all the content. That is, all data on it will be re-organized.
- However, if the Rebuild Databasefeature doesn’t work, you can then use option 7: Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) to have a try.
After you have initialised PS4, the next thing that you need to do is to go the official site of the PlayStation and download the best version of it from it.
Repair Hardware Issue
Sometime the console is affected due to the presence of enormous amount of heat and it may result into serious consequences. It damaged your ps4 disc drive, which is why it shows the unrecognized disc error in your ps4. It’s a hardware issue, and you can’t fix it on your own. You should contact the Company’s support service to get rid of the issue. This step is one of the best step to get rid of the issue as you do not have to face any difficulty and the customer care service will solve all your issues.
PS4 Blu Ray Unrecognized Disc
When your ps4 is not reading discs, you don’t know whether it’s a disc drive issue or the only disc is not working. Sometimes due to the reason of the heat, the disc is damaged or does not function properly. Due to this reason, Ps4 is not able to read the device. For this, you need to resort back to blu ray disc to check if it functions in the proper manner or not. If your ps4 can read this disc, it means there is an issue with your disc, not with the disc drive, so try another game disc to get rid of the issue.
Thus, you see these are some of the steps by which you can easily get rid of the issue of PS4 not being able to recognise the disc. Though there are various reasons behind it, but we have focused on the main reasons only and then have listed the solutions laid down as above. Make sure that you follow all the steps carefully in order to get rid of the issue.