You often to have to encounter with this error while working on your windows which is also known as black screen of death. The error code i.e. 0x000000e often appears on the screen when this issue is faced by your computer. The possible reasons behind the same are that there are some corrupted files in the computer that leads you to cause this error. Now, you can see the following errors also-
- Required device is inaccessible.
- The selected entry could not be loaded.
- A required device isn’t connected or cannot be accessed.
- The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.
- The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.
Now, to fix this issue, you need to follow the steps given below-
Solution 1: Check Physical Device Connections
The easiest solution of all is to check whether there are any physical devices connected to your computer. After doing this, restart or reboot your computer to get rid of the issue. If then also you face the issue, try the next solution given below.
Solution 2: Rebuild Boot Configuration Data File
- Click Nextwhen you see the first screen after booting your computer from the bootable USB medium.
- You will see the Install nowBut, you should not press the Install now You need to press the Repair your computer link that is on the lower-left corner instead to continue.
- Go to Troubleshoot> Advanced options > Command Prompt.
- Choose the account you are using to continue.
- If you have set a password for your computer, input it to continue.
- Type in the following command and press Enter:
- When a Windows installation is found, you need to press Yon the keyboard to let it boot from the list. This will rebuild BCD.
- When the operation completes, you need to type in bootrec /fixmbrand bootrec /fixboot successively and press Enter after each command.
After following the steps given above, restart your computer to get rid of the issue.
Solution 3: Run Windows Startup Repair
- Go to Repair your computerto enter WinRE.
- Then, you should go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair.
- Windows will begin to diagnose your computer automatically. When the process ends, your computer will restart automatically.
See if the issue is solved or not, if not, try the next fix.
Solution 4: Enable Windows 8.1/10 WHQL Support in BIOS
Windows 8.1/10 WHQL Support setting is not supported in all computers. If your computer doesn’t have it, you can go to check whether the UEFI support is enabled on your computer. If not, you can enable it to see whether the error code 0xc000000e disappears.
Solution 5: Mark Boot Disk as Online
- After booting your computer from the bootable USB drive, you need to go to Next> Repair your computer. Then, you will enter WinRE.
- Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
- Select your user account and input the password to continue.
- Type in disk partinto the Command Prompt window and press Enter to initiate the Diskpart utility inside of the Command Prompt.
- Type in list diskor list volume, and press Enter to list all the disks or partitions on the computer.
- Type in select disk *or select volume *, and press Enter to select the needed disk or partition that contains the operating system.
- Type in online diskor online volume, and press Enter to mark the selected disk or partition as Online.
- Type exitand press Enter to leave diskpart.
- Close the Command Prompt window.
Solution 7: Rescue Your Data and Reinstall Windows
Perform Windows Reinstallation
- Set your computer to boot from the bootable USB drive.
- When you see the first page after booting, click Nextto continue.
- Click Install now.
- Since your operating system has already been activated, you can click the I don’t have a product keylink to enter the next page.
- Select your needed operating system and press Next.
- Check I accept the license terms.
- Click Next.
- Select Custom: Install Windows only (advanced).
- On the following page, you need to select the drive you need to install Windows 10. Usually, it is Drive 0. Just select it and then click Delete to remove the partition from the hard drive.
- Click OK
- Choose the empty partition.
- Click Next.
- The Windows reins
Thus, these are some of the steps following which you can easily get rid of the black screen of death issue. But make sure to follow the steps carefully without missing out on any of them to get rid of the issue completely.