Simply learn how to take a backup complete WordPress site. Regardless of whether you can back up every day, even after week or month after month. Places Like Dropbox, Google Drive, Cloud, you can keep backups there. You can also keep WordPress backed up on your computer rather than the Internet.
After all, WordPress is backed up for 2 reasons.
- If the website is hacked, then backed up data is stored online and offline.
- When you are to go to the new hosting, then you have to put all the website data from the old hosting into the new hosting, then it needs to be backed up.
Backup WordPress Website on ONLINE storage
We have tested top 6 plugins to back up the website but what gives the best results is UpdraftPlus plugins. Let’s learn.
Step 1. Installing UpdraftPlus Plugins
- Go to WordPress Dashboard
- In left-Hand Click on Plugins
- Click Add New
- In search Box, search for UpdraftPlus.
- Locate Updraftplus WordPress Backup Plugin.
- Then Click Install Now and after finish Installing click Activate.
Step 2. Configure the UpdraftPlus Plugin
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard.
- In left hand click on Settings.
- Then click on UpdraftPlus Backups.
- Click on Setting Tabs as Shown in Picture Below.
Step 3. Choosing Schedules and Remote server (Online storage like Google drives, Dropbox etc.)
- Select your File backup schedule and Database backup schedule from Drop Down Menu.
- According to your wish, You can choose the backup every 12 hours, every day, or every month.
- Then go on Choose your remote storage. Select your desired online storage. the (I selected Google Drive in picture Above)
- After that click on the Save Changes button at the bottom.
- When you Click on Save changes a Dialog box will appear to Authenticate with Google. (Picture Below)
- Click on Link and then Sign in your Google Drive. (You can log in to your specified remote server and authorize)
- After this, now you have to back up the website which you have to send to your given remote server.
Step 4. Backup Files and Database
- Click on Backup/ Restore Tab and then Click Backup Now
- Select First 3 Options and then Click Backup Now.
You are done now. With this simple process, you can backup all your WordPress websites to any online storage.
Backup Complete WordPress site to the computer (Cpanel Method)
In this process, you can use a lot of plugins over there, but we will use Cpanel in this process. Let’s learn
Step 1. Backup Database of WordPress Website
- Log In to your Website Cpanel.
- Go to Backup Wizard
- Click on Backup
- Then Click the MySQL Database. This is a database that contains all the posts on your website, login password of the website, theme settings, email settings etc. This database is required when moving from old hosting to new hosting. It is important to keep it as a backup if you have WordPress platform.
- When you click on the MySQL database, the list of all the databases associated with your website will come. You have to download any of them by clicking on a specific name. ( Picture Below)
We have now downloaded the MySQL Database. Now you can keep this database in your computer in a specific folder.
Step 2. Backup Files and Folders of WordPress Website
Now we have to download all the files like website themes, photos of posts, etc., to your computer.
For this, you have to go back to your Cpanel dashboard and then go to File Manager. (The file manager is the place where there is all the data stored on the website, photos, themes, links, hits, robots files, plugins etc.)
- When you click on the File Manager, then the new tab will be opened.
- Click on public_html, All the files on your website will appear.
- You have to select all the files. For this you do not have to do anything, just click on the Select all from the above-given options. All your files and folders will be selected. (As shown in the picture below)
- Now you have to click on the Compress button so that all the files and folders will compress in a zip file.
- When you click on the Compress, the box for your favor compression will come. You have to click on the zip archive and click on Compress file. As shown in the picture below
- When the compression is finished then a new zip file will be created in your file manager. As we compressed and became a file named cgi-bin.zip.
- Click on the compressed file name and then click on the Download button above. as shown in the picture.
You are done now.
Both of these methods allow you to back up the databases and files of your WordPress website. Whether you can store it online, whether you like on your computer. Enjoy