Last Updated on
If you’ve heard of an iphone with an x series, you must have heard about Dual SIM or iPhone eSIM. But do you really know what is this eSIM and how do we use it? A lot of my friends will be thinking right here that the Apple company has talked about dual SIM but how to activate dual SIM in this iphone x series. In response to all these questions, I am going to share with you in this article.
First of all, it is important to know what is the iPhone eSIM or Dual SIM? And how does this work?
What is iPhone eSIM?
Esim is a new Digital SIM which is smaller than your mobile nano-SIM. It stands for Embedded SIM. You do not even need a physical slot for this because esim is installed inside your mobile. This esim works with your mobile nano SIM network.
Understand this, your nano-SIM will also work. eSIM will activate the new cellular number through the nano-SIM carrier which will be enabled on eSIM.
For Example, Each mobile has an inbuilt storage memory and the second you insert a microSD card from your side and accumulate storage memory. Now consider this microSD card as nano sim and understand the inbuilt storage memory your eSIM. Did you understand?
In China, the option of Dual Nano SIM in iPhone X series has been given. And in other countries, the feature of eSIM has been given.
Supported Countries and Carrier
eSIM supported iPhones:
- iPhone XS
- XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iOS Required 12.1
iPhone Dual SIM supported countries:
Apple released an iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max with dual sim physical slots in China, Macau, and Hong Kong. Rest of Countries comes with Embbeded SIM (eSIM)
Currently, eSIM supported carriers
Canada: Bell, Virgin
Croatia: Hrvatski Telekom
Czech Republic: T-Mobile
Germany: Telekom, Vodafone
Hungary: Magyar Telekom
India: Airtel, Reliance Jio
Spain: Vodafone Spain
United Kingdom: EE
United States: AT&T, T-Mobile USA, Verizon Wireless
How to Activate iPhone eSIM or Dual SIM in India? For Airtel
Since the iPhone has an iOS 12.1 update, nearly all iPhone X series started dual SIM feature. How to activate it in India?
- First of All Check your iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XS software update. it should be updated iOS 12.1.
- Open your Message and Send SMS eSIM (Registered Email ID) to 121.
- You will get a new Email from Network with QR Code.
- Open mail on Other Laptop, Computer or Any other Mobile.
- On Your iPhone Mobile
- Go to Setting>Cellular>Add Cellular Plan
- Then Scan QR Code which you get in Email.
- You will get SMS in your Message inbox.
- Reply 1 within One Minute.
- After you replied to network, Your eSIM will Activate within a few Hours.
For Other Countries:
If you want to activate eSIM in other countries except for India, call your carrier and get a QR code. When you get a QR code, you can activate eSIM by scanning it as explained above.
NOTE: You can do process through the application of the carrier if your carrier application available on Play Store.
How to Select Primary and Secondary SIM in iPhone
iPhone always uses physical Nano SIM as a primary SIM such as sending a message to someone and calling it. But you can also make your esim a primary number by following the steps given below.
- Go to Setting -> Cellular
- Scroll down to Default Line.
- Change Phone Call Line by Tapping on Use Secondary as your default Line.
- You can change phone mobile data also by selecting “Use Secondary as your Default Cellular Data Only“.
- Change Default Setting according to your choice.
How to Select Cellular Plan in iPhone
- Go to Setting > Cellular
- Scroll down to Cellular Plans.
- Click on Plan you want to use.
- Then Select Turn On This Line.
Change SIM to make Phone Calls
- When you open the dialer to dial any number. You will then see the Primary button written in the dialer’s center.
- You can select the SIM by clicking on the Primary Button that appears in that center.
In this stated way, you will be able to activate Dual SIM very soon in your iPhone. Two SIMs can be easily run in your own iPhone. Take advantage of Dual SIM If there is a problem, let me know by commenting below.
Satnam Singh, I love reading about new technology and sharing it with my friends. I want to share even the tiny details with you. I am most interested in telling How-to tips and Best of.